Deutsch | English
3-DAY ROME PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPS 2017
This workshop focuses on Rome, Architectural, Urban, Travel and Night Photography and the editing in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop.
It is designed for any beginner or serious amateur photographer who is interested in exploring and photographing Rome while improving his/hers digital photography. Beside all technical aspects of your camera you will practice and understand different rules of image composition day and night as well as how to work on the taken images in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom to get back with an outstanding portrait of the Eternal City. Your individual needs will be met in an one-on-one coaching and any technical, compositional or photography related questions will be answered or discussed.
The 3-Day Workshop emphasizes:
- Rome's famous and hidden places
- your personal photographic needs and your creative output
- when, why and how to use the most important Shooting (M, AV, TV, B) and Metering settings (Spot, Center-weighted average, Evaluative, Partial) of your camera.
- choosing the most suitable lens or focal lenght and how to deal with Compositional Rules like Rule of Thirds, Golden Ratio, Triangles and Spirals, Balance, leading Lines and Patterns, Symmetry, Viewpoint, Rule of Space, for best possible results
- professional Night Photography techniques like longtime exposure and exposure bracketing and different methods on how to post pro them in Adobe Lightroom and/or Photoshop
- training your eye to recognize all relevant things, the tiny and the big ones, essential for making strong photographs with available light day and night
Day 1 (9am-2pm / 5:30pm-10:30pm *depending on sunset)
We will meet in the morning photographing the Historical Center with it's outstanding monuments, places and views. In the afternoon we will have a lunch break in a typical roman restaurant off the beaten tourist track before we continue with the golden hour and night photography in the Ancient Rome area.
Day 2 (9am-3pm / 5:30pm-10:30pm *depending on sunset)
The morning begins with a critique session and post-processing of your taken images with Adobe Lightroom in a separate room of a cultural space where you can have delicious snacks and the best coffee. In the afternoon we will continue with the golden hour and night photography in the Historical Center.
Day 3 (6am-11pm* / 3pm-8pm *depending on sunrise)
We will start photographing Rome's awakening from above the city's rooftops with a great panorama and fantastic light before we plunge into the streets and alleys of the medieval part of Rome, the former Jewish Ghetto and Trastevere. After a lunch break we will explore the hidden places of Testaccio and practice portrait photography with an abundance of 2000 years old marble statues in Rome’s first public electrical power plant. After the workshop we will have dinner and time to talk.
HOW TO REGISTER
It is recommended that you reserve your spot early.
The Workshops takes place if the minimum number of participants of 4 people is reached. Please note that then with your registration a € 300 deposit is required via PayPal to confirm your participation.
After receiving your down payment I will send you an ebook with details about the workshop and how you can prepare for it as well as background information about all of our subjects and more.
All participants must bring a digital SLR or a mirrorless camera with lenses, a sturdy tripod, a laptop computer with a copy of the latest version of Adobe Lightroom installed.
A free, trial version of Lightroom can be downloaded and used for 30 days, here.
The Workshop is in English and/or German.
Fee: € 960 per person
Number of participants: min. 2 / max. 8 people
Costs Included: individual coaching
Expenses Not Included: Travel and accommodation, public transportation, meals, all personal items, all photo gear, traveler’s insurance.
UPCOMING WORKSHOPS 2017:
29.10. - 31.10. Register
24.11. - 26.11. Register
By appointment Register
Please feel free to contact me for further questions or customized workshops.